I know, I'm way behind, but I don't think I am even going to bother going back and catching up. I did pretty much the same as I have been doing...Trainer appts and cardio. I have finally started running a bit more again. I actually jogged on the treadmill twice last week, so I've still got it. I guess that brings me to why my workouts went from being very intense to being pretty boring and slow...I'm 12 weeks pregnant with twins! And these two babies have been sucking the life out of me!!!! I haven't been sick at all, just exhausted. Creating two lives at once makes me tired! I was waiting until today to share this because A. I wanted to get through 12 weeks before sharing, and B. we had an ultrasound this afternoon. I wanted to be sure that everything was OK before I told everyone. And it was, we saw two little babies wiggling around inside me :) My due date is August 31st, but with twins I probably won't make it that long.
So I have been feeling much better since last week. I am getting some energy back and have been testing the waters with running again. I have been able to run at 5.5, which is slow for me, but I am happy that I can do it at all, so it will have to do for as long as I can handle it. then I will be walking. I will also continue to work out with my trainer as long as I possibly can, then it will be his job to whip my ass back into shape after the babies are born. So there you have it, my big news. I have been dying to tell people, but now that I can I am a little scared to call up my friends that don't know yet and share the news. Hmm, I kinda hope none of them stumble on this blog and find out like this rather than me telling them!
So I'm thinking that along with documenting my workouts here, I will also talk about how I am feeling along the way. So far, other than being tired, I feel chubby. I am already showing a bit but it really just looks like I am putting on weight. I am waiting for my stomach to get nice and round and hard and pregnant looking so that I don't feel so self-conscious. Gaining weight is so hard for me, even though I know it is for a good reason. I feel like I have worked so hard over the last 2 years to lose all this weight and keep it off and it is just coming right back on quick. I just hope it comes off as quick after the fact. Then I will never have to go through this again because I will have the two children that I wanted :) Ok, I need to go prepare to watch Lost!
Hello world!
2 months ago
3 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! That is such exciting news! I'm so happy for you and your husband! Twins! What a handful! Congrats new Mommy-to-be! Keep up the good work!
Sorry that I didn't back to you sooner. Now I am being honest here and I did guess it right on the nose. I just had this feeling that you were expecting. Now I didn't think there would 2 little ones in there. On that note a big congratulations to you and your hubby. I look forward to some pictures and to read about how you progress a long on this new journey of yours. I am so happy for you both.
How's everything progressing along? Do you still have the energy to even do 1/2 of what you did before? I am again so happy for you both. I am sure you'll do fine with this weight concern as well. You have to give yourself credit. At least you're going into this pregnancy real fit, so that has to make it easier and healthier for you as well as you do have 2, or is it 3 little ones inside ya :-)
Post a Comment