I have been off from work since Christmas (I have to go back tomorrow--UGH!) I was able to get in most of my normal workouts, give or take a little. The gym I go to is currently being renovated and right now has almost no cardio equipment...Not that that should matter for me, I have a treadmill and an elliptical in my basement, set up with at TV w/ cable right in front of it. I have NO EXCUSE! But I did a good job of filling in my cardio for the two weeks with either bootcamp classes or running.
For the last for days I was in VT with my husband, sister, and future brother in law. They all went snowboarding, but not me. I was all excited because there was a health club with a pool that I could use for a daily fee. My excitement quickly turned to disappointment. This health club that cost $15 a day had only 3 treadmills, 3 ellipticals, 1 stairmaster, 2 spinning bikes, & 2 stationary bikes set up for their cardio section. I was lucky to even get a machine! and the pool...I was SOOOO excited about the pool. I was on the swim team in high school and I love to go swim laps, I usually do it for about an hour straight and have to force my self to stop! this pool was not the standard size pool for laps. I'm not sure why, usually a "health & racket" club would have a standard size pool, but not this one. it was tiny. 5 strokes and I would be at the other side. Plus, people were bringing their kids in to swim for fun, so there was no way I would be able to swim laps with all the kids in the way. I didn't swim at all :( BUT, I did get a nice massage :) I figured if my husband could spend the money on 3 days worth of lift tickets, then I could spend the money on a massage. That was SOOOO worth it. So now I am nice and loose and relaxed. All set to start up my training for the new year. This years training is probably going to be a little bit different for me, much less intense, but for good reasons.
Hello world!
2 months ago
2 comments:
Glad to see your back. it sounds like you had a great vacation away from it all. We all need that now and then. I have been working everyday since December 31st, but now I finally have a couple of days off.
It seems like your right on track and you'll have to let us all know what this year is in store for you. Did you set any goals of things that you'd like to accomplish this year?
Thanks for the comment Lisa.
I have heard that the adrenaline that you get with running and everyone cheering you on will truly enhance and speed up your run. I am hoping for that when I do my tri in April.
I don't plan on doing any "fun" runs in the meantime though. Mainly because of some knee issues I have been having. So I am saving all my running for the tri and will probably be adding running to my training as I get closer to actually doing the tri. For now I am going to concentrate on the swimming and biking portion of it.
Post a Comment