I honestly think my trainer has lost his mind. He has been working on how to change my workouts, mainly my
cardio. I go in there today and he tells me that he wants me to do no
cardio! None!
WTF--right now I do an hour of
cardio a day, if I stop doing that won't I gain weight? Anyway, his reasoning, and it makes perfect sense, is that I need to make my body inefficient again. I have gotten so good at
everything that I need to stop doing it for a bit so that my body has to work harder when I start doing it again. I get that, but I am so used to doing a ton of
cardio I just don't know how I'm going to not do it. I will be lifting during the times that I usually run, but still. He said a week of no
cardio, then the next week only the elliptical and building on that. I guess I'll be fine, I know my body could use the break. It is just much more of a change then I was expecting. I was expecting him to say do intervals on
Monday, run on an incline on
Tuesday, intervals
Wednesday...I completely trust him though, so I know he knows what he is talking about so I'll do it. I'll be updating about how it is going and how I am feeling as I am doing it. Right now I feel nervous about it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment