Thursday, September 11, 2008

Struggles

I have had a lot of struggles over the last year and a half. My biggest struggle is with food. When I first started I said that I wasn't going to change how I ate at all. A few months later I made the switch from regular soda to diet soda, and shortly after that I became really conscious of what I ate. I have learned that nutrition is also a big part of weight loss and you can only get so far with exercise itself.

About 2 months ago my trainer put me on a 900 calorie a day diet. I gave it my best shot and was starving for the first week, then after that my body got used to it and I wasn't starving anymore. But it was really hard to stick to and I know I went over 900 calories pretty often, but even if I did go over I was still not eating a lot, so I was still losing weight. It helped me to lose the 5lbs I had put back on plus a few more and now I have been hovering just below my original goal weight for the last month.

I have recently given up on the 900 calories diet. It is just way too hard and I enjoy food way too much to limit myself that much. Now I need to find a happy medium. This whole week has been bad for me, I have been eating everything in sight! I am working on a way to motivate myself to get me back on track. I am more into my workouts then ever, but that is because I have been feeling guilty about what I have been eating. I'll get back on track eventually.

No comments: