Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Not the best week

Well, I haven't been having the best week so far. I know I have a lot going on in my life right now that is stressfull and not fun to deal with, but for some reason working out this week has been particularly hard. I usually use my running to work off some of the stress but it isn't working. I feel particularly bad tonight. I was tired and my legs were sore and my trainer kept making me do these insane things with the ball. I don't think I have ever whined and bitched so much in 30 minutes. I actually at one point kicked the ball across the room and said I didn't want to do that anymore. I honestly wanted to cry, and I did, but I waited until I got home. I think this is all taking a toll on me. I actually told my hubby last night that I didn't want to work out anymore. His response "don't be silly, you LOVE working out". But, I don't. I just do it because I have to. And I think the combination of upping my workout time and still limiting my calories is making me extra crabby. I know I'll get through it and be fine, but it sucks right now.

On a different note, I have been asked by several people, especially people who do workout classes with me, where do I get all my energy from. My answer...I have no idea. I have the attitude that when I go to workout it is only 30-45 minutes, and no matter how tired I am at the time, I can just suck it up and do a good workout. I usually just give it my all knowing that after that 45 minutes is done I can go home and lay on the couch for the rest of the night. I definately do have my off days, but most days I can get through any workout pretty easily. Also, I am in very good cardio shape, which may make me appear to have a ton of energy where, really, it just takes a lot more to challenge my body then the average person. (this is why I have been torturing myself by doing intervals).

I actually feel a bit better now that I got some of this out. I think I need to apologize to my trainer for being such a brat tonight...

And just for fun, I wrote this poem the other day just for my trainer, I think he appreciated it :P

Intervals suck,
They make me want to die;
Intervals suck,
They make me want to cry;
Intervals suck,
I really can not lie;
Intervals suck,
I’d rather stick a fork in my eye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa...
I have to agree with your hubby, "don't be silly". We all have our down days and I am a prime example of that. I also agree that maybe your calorie intake is way to low, especially with all that you burn in your workouts. This all could be affecting your sugar levels and it return could be making you a little crabbier than normal. it's just a thought I'd pass on your way.
You are doing great though and I know venting your frustration on a blog does help.
Now as bar as bitching an whinning to your trainer. I guess you've never worked out with a guy like me. Cause Brad, my trainer, has to listen to the same things, but for a whole hour, not 30 minutes. So I thought what you said was funny cause I do the same thing. Thank God Brad knows me well enough that he either just ignores me or has learned to tune that part out of his mind.
So keep it up I know you can do all that you want to do. Your very fortunate to have a very supportive husband too.
Always stay positive and if you need to just day a few days off and just chill out and maybe hit the spa. Treat yourself...
Take it easy now...