Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A look back

So, I had been trying to decide weather I should share this blog with my trainer or not. Last week I ended up sharing it with him. I know he read through it, but I'm not sure if he has looked at it since or if he will again...So I guess I need to not say anything bad about him, right? I decided that there is nothing that I would write here that I wouldn't want him to see anyway. I tend to keep some of my frustrations to myself, so if he is reading he may find out things that I didn't tell him. Hopefully it won't get me in trouble. But I guess I am good at that without the stupid blog. Me and my big mouth.

My gym has started to put together a monthly newsletter, a one page newsletter that has a short article, featured supplement, a quote and a success story. They asked me if I would be the success story for next month. I agreed. I had to write up a short testimonial. I never thought something like that would be so hard, I have such a hard time writing about myself. It makes me a little uncomfortable that my face and weight and everything will be plastered on this newsletter for all to see, but I also figure that if it will motivate others to start using the trainers, then it is worth it. I usually don't like to draw any attention to myself.

So as I am writing the testimonial I went back to look at all my measurements and weigh-in's. For some reason this always makes me emotional. I'm not sure why. But I am pretty damn proud of what I have accomplished! In 8 months I lost 30lbs, 6 inches in my chest and waist, 5 inches in my hips! and dropped my body fat by 12%! To me, even more impressive than all that, I have maintained this weight for 10 months now!

Last week when I was doing no cardio I had a small meltdown. I had gone away for 5 days and ate out every day and had a feeling that my weight would be up. For a few months I had been hovering around 114. Last week I was up to 117, and not allowed to do cardio. I freaked. Well, I didn't weigh myself at all since then because I just didn't want to know. Tonight I got on the scale and was pleasantly surprised...113.5!! I have no idea how I lost that much weight, I worked out for much less time and much lower intensity since there was no cardio involved. But I'll take it! It put me in a good mood after a few very stressful work days :D

No comments: